Photography Workshop: Portraits

For this workshop, our class was tasked with finding random people on the street and taking portraits of them, using the knowledge and tips that our tutor gave us in the workshop and reflecting them in our work.

For this picture I had to approach a rather intimidating group of people outside a pub. I asked one member of the group if any of them would like to help me with my Uni work and let me take a photo of them. One member (shown above) was kind enough to allow me to take their picture. I tried to centre the cameras focus on the subjects eyes to improve the overall quality of the portrait.

For this photograph I stopped a police officer on the street and asked him if he was too busy to take a photograph and he thankfully told me that he would be fine with taking one.

I found this man talking to his friend outside the TP bar in Lincoln. I told him that I liked his beard and hair and said that I think he would be a good subject for a photograph.

My last subject was my least enthusiastic one but she did not reject me. I found her after her doctors appointment and as she was on her way to a lecture, so I think she felt a little vulnerable.